Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Homecoming

Tomorrow I will be flying back home, to Cali Colombia. I need to recharge my energies for my last year here in Italy, in which I am supposed to finish my PhD.

There is a number of things I will do there. They include: complaining about the warm weather, tasting real fruits (flavors that people in Europe can't even dream about), risking my life in the public transportation system, visiting old friends from all times, eating home-made food, fooling around with my sisters and brother, forgetting about pasta and pizza, walking for hours along the city with my father, reading again some good books (this includes finishing, once and for all, the Christopher Hitchens' book I started in Warsaw), getting the latest updates from my mother. Also, I will do my best to put some order in my pictures, as the mess I have since summer 2007 has prevented me from uploading all the material I have. You can thus expect not-so-good pictures from Greece, Colombia, Tuscany, Emilia-Romagna, France, Denmark, Sweden, and Poland. From the academic point of view, I will also bring with me a substantial amount of work (proofs and readings to do) and will co-organize a workshop in my old university, a great way of catching up with friends and colleagues that also return home for Christmas.

I have planned to visit other cities while in Colombia, as I really dislike Cali. I am looking forward to go to Bogotá, the city in which I was born. For sure I will visit my sister in Pereira (a small city located at the heart of Colombia's chain of mountains). Let's see if I can make all of those.

Usual ramblings, novelties and absurdities will be reported here. Yes, there are Internet access and computers in Colombia :-)

No comments: