Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A quickie

I have several new posts in mind or half written. They include issues as interesting and exciting as my view on French society (triggered by a recent visit to Paris) and some weird emails I have received. Now I want to do two quick remarks.

Watch out: your blog can be confiscated.
In Italy a lot of weird things occur. It seems things actually get weirder as you go down south. Through the Beppe Grillo blog, I learned that if you're in Italy and use your blog to say things that someone can find uncomfortable, you take the risk of losing your website. Yes, the police can confiscate your website. Amazing.

This occurred to a young journalist in Calabria, who published some informations about corruption acts of someone important. To read more about this, click here. To see what a confiscated web site looks like, click here.

Cristina Dona'.
Sterte recently introduced me a great Italian singer, Cristina Dona'. Her music is a bit difficult to describe, given that she has gone through several musical phases during her 12-year career. She's a rocker, essentially. Last Saturday, Sterte took me to a free concert of her in Ferrara. It was great. She's really talented: she has a very versatile voice, and her supporting band is awesome. Even if she sings in Italian, her music is worth listening anyway. (She released an album in English, I think, but I haven't heard it yet.)

Here are some of my favorite songs of Cristina:

Universo (Universe)


Nel mio giardino (In my garden)


L'eclisse (The eclipse)


Thanks once again to Sterte for showing me there's Italian music beyond Pausini, Bocelli and Ramazzotti.

No comments: